Thursday 18 July 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to the Backyard Herbalist!

My name is Zinnia (or Zinn). I am starting a new path in life, and it has been a long time since I have written a blog, or a journal, so please bare with me. I'm 21 years old, and in my short life I have had a lot of frustrations with skin care and my immune system. I come from a family full of illness, and what I have come to learn is that most f it can be prevent. No, I believe all of it can be prevented, but we need to take a step back, away from the "mainstream" medicines that are on the market today. Medicines that do not cure but cover the illness like a bandage.

I have found that real cure do exist. And "Big Pharma" knows this. However they can not make money on something that everyone has access to. If they can not synthesize something they bury what they are working on and move on. This is the problem for me. Why hide the truth? Because greed consumes.

My mother was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. A lot of people believe this illness is what people are diagnosed with when they have a lot going on and the doctors don't know any better, so slap a label on it. No, it is its own illness. It affects the nerve ending of the body, sending shooting pains, or burning like fire. On top of this, she has lived with diabetes her entire life, along with other conditions: rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, and bronchitis are just a few.

I too have psoriasis. It develops on my scalp in times of stress, as well as on my hands. I have found that the more natural my skin products, the less it is affecting me. Using this, I am starting myself on a herbalists path. I want to find out for myself what can come from this earth, not just the greed funded by illness. I invite you to join me, and if you like give me input or send me your story and if you have any remedies to share shoot me an email @ zinnialynx@gmail.com.


Happy Trails,
Zinn

No comments:

Post a Comment